Ticketing Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions
1) The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to:
a) the purchase of tickets for sessions and events at the Melbourne Queer Film Festival (“MQFF”) venues;
b) the purchase of tickets for sessions or events at any other venue which MQFF makes available for purchase; and
2) The inclusion of 1.1(b) is in addition and does not abrogate your responsibility to comply with the terms and conditions of the other venue.
2. Amendments to terms and conditions
1) MQFF may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. MQFF will post the varied Terms and Conditions on its website.
2) By making a purchase from the MQFF, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as they stand at the time of your purchase.
3. Purchase of tickets
1) All ticket prices for sessions and events that occur or are provided in Australia are stated in Australian Dollars.
2) Ticket sales for particular sessions and events may be subject to limits on the number of tickets a particular person may purchase. MQFF may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits. This includes orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number.
3) If the amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect, MQFF may cancel that ticket (or the order for that ticket) and refund to you the amount that you paid.
4) Tickets for sessions and events at MQFF venues are valid only when purchased from MQFF, or from a person authorised by MQFF to sell or distribute tickets.
5) Tickets may not, without MQFF’s prior written consent, be on-sold at a premium, offered as a prize or inducement, packaged or otherwise used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. MQFF reserves the right to refuse admission to the bearer of any ticket sold or otherwise provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
1) If you do not receive a confirmation number (in the form of a confirmation page or email) after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm with MQFF that your order has been successfully placed. MQFF will not be responsible for any losses you incur if you assume that an order was successfully placed having not received a confirmation number.
2) Session or event tickets for “Venue Collection” are available for collection during box office opening hours at AMCI or 30 mins before the session or event start time at another MQFF venue during festival. You will need to present your confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase tickets, photo identification and valid concession cards.
1) Session or event tickets are refundable only if the event or session to which it relates is cancelled. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled:
a) Prior to the session or event, MQFF should make reasonable endeavours to ensure that, where a session or event is cancelled, a consumer is entitled to seating in a re-scheduled session or event.
1. if the consumer is unable to attend the re-scheduled session or event, or if the session or event is not rescheduled, MQFF should ensure that the consumer receives a full refund of the ticket price and other ticket charges;
2. Consumers should apply for a refund in a timely manner and, where possible, before the date of any re-scheduled session or event. A timely manner is considered to be within five working days of the session or event;
3. A consumer will not be entitled to a refund for a cancelled or re-scheduled event if they received a free or complimentary ticket.
2) Session or event tickets may be exchanged only where expressly permitted by MQFF. Where exchanges are permitted, they may be subject to certain conditions, and additional fees may also apply.
6. Companion Card Scheme
1) A valid Companion Card or valid Companion Card Number must be produced at the time of the booking to gain access to the Companion Card Scheme offer. Details of use are contained on the Companion Card website www.companioncard.org.au.
2) Companion Card Tickets cannot be booked online. These can be booked through the MQFF office or at ACMI Box Office in person.
7. Changes to sessions and events
1) Particulars of the session or event may be changed without prior notice. Films, artists or performers may be added, withdrawn or substituted for specific sessions or events.
8. Admission to MQFF and its venues
1) These Terms and Conditions are conditions both for the sale of a ticket and are conditions of attendance at the event or session. By purchasing a ticket, or attending an event or session, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
2) MQFF reserves the right to deny any person admission to the festival and to its venues.
3) Entry to the festival and to its venues is at an individual’s own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, MQFF will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from entry to the festival, or their attendance at an event or session at a festival venue.
4) Admission to venues that are not run by MQFF are governed by both these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the relevant venue. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of and comply with all relevant terms and conditions. By accepting these Terms and Conditions you accept this responsibility.
5) All persons seeking admittance to attend an event or session must have a valid ticket, irrespective of their age.
6) Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and for admission to the festival venue.
7) Latecomers will be only admitted during a suitable break or as determined by MQFF. Under some circumstances may mean the latecomer misses the session or event in its entirety.
8) No photography, audio or video recording is permitted inside the festival venue/s.
9) Any bag or item larger than A4 must be cloaked and may be subject to inspection.
10) It is a condition of entry to an event or session that a search of person and / or their possessions may be required at the time of the entry to the festival venue. If you do not consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the festival venue without refund.
9. Use of your image
1) In attending an event or session, you grant MQFF permission to film or photograph you, and to reproduce that film or photograph in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you.
10. Melbourne Queer Film Festival accounts
1) You will be asked to provide MQFF with your current address and other contact information when you purchase tickets from MQFF, or open an account, via the MQFF website or otherwise. When you do so, you must ensure that you provide MQFF with your current, complete, and accurate information.